Thursday, August 9, 2012

Of a Caterpillar and a Butterfly

Hello.
I've set up my machine and made a few things in the past few days. One of the first things I made was this Caterpillar and Butterfly from Abby at WHile She Naps


And here is the butterfly.

 I like this toy because it has a little surprise.
The caterpillar is joined to the butterfly. One can go into the other!!! Brilliant.

 My daughter is turning 6 tomorrow, so I made it for her birthday. She learned about caterpillars and butterflies in Kindergarten last year and was very enchanted with the whole metamorphosis.
 The pattern called for sewing a pattern on the wings, but I had the pre embroidered fleece left over from a coat I made Neve a few years ago. It saved a bit of work for me. Lazy as I am. :}
 Not being able to stop there, I also ordered this chicken and egg.
 Hey! An egg with feet?
 Ooooo, she did it again! They tuck into each other. I love it. So does my boy. I hope the baby I send it to will like it also. I cheated a little here too. The feet were supposed to be fleece, but I had some trouble sewing such small shapes without stretching the feet out of shape. Instead, I used some wool felt. Much easier. See, lazy. :} And no, he's not dead, he's sleeping!
Go ahead, check out Abby's Blog. She has much wisdom to impart on softie sewing. And some very cute patterns too!

Cheers,
Amanda

No comments: