Tuesday, December 20, 2011

teen tulle

Knock, Knock....
Anybody there? thanks for coming back.
It's been a crazy few weeks and it's almost over! It's all been good. 5 craft fairs/shows and every one of them had crazed mitten wantin' moms. I stopped making mens and childrens and just made mom mitts. I must have made over 150 pairs and I still have about 20 to make before this week is over. I'm loving it. Sweater mittens rock! Oh, and the singing at private parties, malls, social clubs, corporate dos and general fa la la-ing where ever merriment is requested.

So today, I finished up another order for a tulle skirt for a pre-teen. After making this, I may make a few more.

One of the moms in our group used to make real tutus and dance costumes for shows/competitions. She showed me some tricks of the trade which has me excited to try more. Did you know it's a ll the rage right now? Tulle skirts over leggings. Where have I been?
Here's a look at the elastic with frill on top. nice eh?

Here's what it looks like inside....

And the 4 layers. I could have gone with the neon green. The black really tones it down. Maybe next time!


I'll take this time to wish you a Happy Christmas! I may get back here, who knows? I know I won't be sewing anything new until after Christmas. I have a few ideas I can't wait to try. If my camera cooperates, if the planets align and the sunlight is good... I'll take more pictures.

Cheers to you and yours.... I appreciate your coming here.
Amanda

No comments: