Monday, November 21, 2011

mini cupcakes

Cupcakes anyone? Partially done cupcakes? they contain less calories!

These come from Betz White's book Warm Fuzzies. I made them tree ornament size and put a little needlefelted ball on top. The others will have beads instead.

I took all kinds of artsy fartsy pictures to show you, but my camera didn't cooperate. fuzzy..... grrr. I makes me crazy that camera.
Anyhow, it's that time of year, time to bury the fig tree. Fig trees cannot survive the Canadian Winter (as mild as it is in Toronto) so it is the custom to bury it. The root ball is small, so you dig it up and bury it a few feet in the soil. Then a layer of leaves to help insulate. Oh, the fig tree is in the burlap. And, I don't know what we'll do when it gets to big to bury in our little garden. Figure that out when we get there I suppose.

Have a good one,
Amanda

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful cupcakes, but I have to say that I am staggered at the idea of burying the fig tree. How much is left above ground? Our fig tree is big. I can't imagine moving it. Good job we live in the UK!