Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Sighs! aaahhhhh

After a terrible Saturday weather wise, we certainly got our allotment of sun today. And by not doing much!
After a trip to our veggie garden for some staking and weeding, we came home to enjoy our own yard. I'm hoping that it will be used this year. Now that the kids are older, I'm going to get rid of the big toys in the yard such as the slide, kitchen, ride in car and see saw.
In it's place, I've rearranged some furniture. The eating, drawing, playing games area.

Hangin' out in the hammock swing.

This tent. oh, this tent. I bought the stakes to make a tee pee and realized I really wanted more space inside, so I rigged this thing up. A bolt of fabric that was given to me years ago and some cafe clips. these things are awesome. I'll have to take a picture to show you. I slipped them over the bamboo and clipped it onto the fabric. done. It' not very strong though. The wind would wreak havoc I'm sure. working on a better solution.

Chicken on the rotisserie with mesquite wood chips. yum. We always brine our poultry for a few hours before cooking. This came off the grill perfectly golden.

As a treat, i thought it would be fun to have a marshmallow roast in the back yard. Because of city bylaws and the fact that we are on a corner lot with half the neighbourhood trudging outside our fence, we couldn't get a chimnea. So I got a wee portable BBQ and a small bag of coals.

We set it up and lit the coals way before supper was done. You know, no dessert until supper is over. By the time we were ready, the coals had cooled down. A bit of fanning was in order. Not enough.

So daddy got serious. After all, bedtime was coming.

Yes, success!

The kids had a grand time roasting them up.



Yup, we'll be doing this again. I hope. Hanging out at home in the yard is a novelty for us. Some fun times ahead.

have a good one,
Amanda

No comments: