Sunday, May 22, 2011

Penguin party

In addition to the spring swap, I signed up for a bird swap! This time, instead of making 15, I just make 2 and send it directly to the recipients.
I hemmed and hawed about what to make, started things and changed my mind a million times. I finally decided to make these penguins from Wool Pets. (yes, I caved and bought the book as a bday treat)

Fun to make and quite the personalities.

They have a few secrets between them.

And I hope they can keep in touch as they travel separately around the world from one another.

In addition to the penguins, I made a little 4x6 pouch. It has vinyl in the front as a peek a boo case. The one I made for myself has a playground emergency kit. You know, band aids, wipes, elastics, needle thread, safety pins, hair elastics, mini spoons, mini pencil, and a few tea bags. I also make a larger one for kids treasures. I'm hoping to do my 1st tutorial with this pouch soon.

See how you can see the lining? The back is red denim. I love red denim. Must get more.

So there you go, some birdies will be boxed up and sent in the mail, if Canada Post doesn't go on strike on Tuesday. grrrr..


Make sure you come back tomorrow for the gigantic "Sew Mama Sew" giveaway here and in blog land. You won't want to miss my red and grey theme.

Cheers,
Amanda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your birds! cant wait till tomorrow..you'll come to mine too?

tree said...

adorable!!!

karen said...

how cute!

Tanja said...

Are you serious? These penguins are *ridiculously* cute! And you know we're entering winter here in Oz. I know an icy cold house just ready to give a jet-lagged little penguin some love. <3 <3 <3

My parcels will be in the post tomorrow - still waiting for nest #2 to dry. *sigh*

*Doing a happy dance*