Sunday, January 16, 2011

balsam fir

Don't you miss the scent of your Christmas tree? Here's my secret. When we're taking down the tree, I sweep the needles and save some in a dish. Then I put a new bag in the vacuum cleaner and pick up the rest. Now, whenever I vacuum, the warmth of the motor in the machine warms up the needles and gives a familiar reminder of the family time of this past Christmas. The kids are getting older, they bring much joy, imagination, laughter to our home.

And when I don't feel like hauling out the vacuum cleaner to reminisce, I just give this bag a little squish and smell it again.

Stamps are from Stampin' up! many years ago. I don't know if it is still in the catalog.

I have been doing a bit of sewing this weekend. A few small projects in the works, just perfect to get back into the swing of things. Oh, and a nice clean sewing room without all those threads on the floor! yes, I can see the floor. bonus. The little foyer/vestibule at the top of the attic stairs was transformed into a lounge area today with popcorn, goodies and a movie. Lollipops. Don't underestimate the power of a lolli. I always make sure we have some on a long car ride. Keeps them busy for a bit.
k, I'm getting a bit off topic. And while I am, how 'bout those shoulder pads in the Golden Globes!

Ciao,
Amanda

2 comments:

A'n'G Johnson said...

mmm yummy. that sounds like it smells delishious

Cheryl said...

Love this idea. I've vacuumed up lavender before. Gives just enough "oomph" to see me to the end of the cleaning!