Wednesday, November 10, 2010

a few awards...

whistle, whistle, whistle while you work... while I've been chugging away here, some people have been appreciating my posts. I've received 2 blogger wards in the past week. They both want you to say something about yourself, link back to the giver and offer some of your favorite sites. so here it goes...
Thanks to Hallie from Our Broken Road for giving me a Versatile Blogger award.

To accept the versatile blogger award the rules are as follows:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass it along to 15 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
4. Leave your recipients a note telling them about the award

And thanks to Sarah fromThe Forest Room for the Sunshine Award!
Rules for that award can be found at

All Things Beautiful

7 things about me:

1. I don't like to touch raw wood when my hands are dry. When I met hubbie and he used wooden spoons and cutting boards, I would shudder. And kids licking the popsicle sticks makes me run! Oh, and I can't wash a sink full of dishes if there is food in it! I have to rinse them first.

2. I am very sensitive to light. Even a sliver of light coming in a window or reflecting off a pot can trigger a pre-migrane aura. I can control it by taking advil and closing my eyes for 20 minutes.

3. I love a windy day. A warm windy day. I grew up on the ocean and have such deep respect for the weather and the whims of mother earth. I also love a warm, rainy day in the summer. It's like you've been given permission to stop, slow down and not to have to play outside.

4. I am chuffed that my children are musical. They've heard my music since they were in my belly and was playing a ukelele on it when I taught. Now when they sing, play, compose their own tunes, I think, "I gave them that!"

5. I've always been crafty. Always. many things. many forms. many ideas. it calms me.

6. I'm a tea addict. flavoured tea. and hot chocolate. I'm on a quest for orange hot chocolate that will bring me back to my university days. ( did you know that President's choice makes a mint chocolate tea? you can have the flavour without the guilt of hot chocolate.)

7. I am very thankful that my husband supports my need to create. I appreciate that my children encourage me to create. I enjoy watching the things that they create.

Thanks ladies. It is indeed an honour to be given little lights in the day. Especially since I enjoy your sites also. Much appreciated.

And I would like to thank you, my readers for dropping by and adding me to your blog roll on the side of your blogs. I have to admit that I haven't figured that one out yet, nor do I have the brain readiness to try. It will come. Yes, thank you. it's nice to see where people come from and who they come from.

And thank you to my followers. I do go in there and check out your blogs too. I am in good company.

If you want to see who I look at fairly regularly, look at my blog list on the side bar to the right! it's growing.

Off to make stuff..
Cheers,
Amanda

No comments: