Tuesday, October 5, 2010

going on a rocketship

in the midst of a week long clean/purge/rearranging of my craft room, I just had to clear a spot to work on this guy.


Here is the lineup of how it evolved!


A few tries on the pattern and using inferior materials before committing to my beloved wool blend felt.


The final ship is left sewn on the outside. When I turned it inside out with seams on the inside, it would stretch the felt at the bottom and I couldn't get a nice point on the top. So I decided to leave it as is.


BLAST OFF!!!!

6 comments:

Tonya Gunn said...

Oh that is so clever - what a great job!
Warm wishes, Tonya

Jenny said...

Amanda! That is SO adorable! J

momma rae said...

love it!!

eidolons said...

I love it! I need to buckle down and make some peg people for my boys.

Bailey said...

This is really cute! The astronaut reminds me of the little robot Evee from Wall-E!:)

karen said...

what a cool idea, I love it:)