Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mulberries and aprons

I about fell off my chair when I cruised Ikea website and found coated cotton! Yep, they have it. In all it's large polka-dotted glory! in red, bright green, yellow, navy, bright blue, maybe something else......
So I went. it was different than I thought it might be. not plastic-y at all. I was thinking tough like oil cloth. nope. So I bought only half a meter of the red. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Do you think it's food grade? Like to make a lunch bag or sandwich wrap? It says it's 100% cotton and acrylic. dunno. do you?

I also brought home some other cotton, the navy and bright blue poka dots and made this apron from Heather Ross' Weekend Sewing. Even though it was an easy sew, it still took me about 3 hours. DD wasn't tired and tried several times to go to sleep. Finally, I just told her to lie down in the guest bedroom (across from my sewing room) she finally fell asleep there at 10:30pm. Then I had DH working on my serger. for 3 hours! Don't give an engineer a puzzle and think they won't finish it. They will sit until it is done! :} My little space was gettting full. But mission was accomplished for a prezzie.



Today, I hit a yard sale by a woman who was a buyer for mulberry papers made in Thailand. She was practically giving it away.
I bought a few things, then came home and thought of things to make for the school fun fair. I landed on the committee somehow and thought these would make great prizes for the games. Just a little sit down to try some ideas...


I decorated the frames and made some book marks and sewed a little book. I think the girlies will enjoy these things. I'm going to see what boy die cuts I have for the bookmarks also. What fun to be had.


Don't forget to stop by on Monday for the May Day giveaway hosted by Sew Mama Sew.

thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: