Saturday, January 30, 2010

from shorts to...

I went to Goodwill today on the hunt for something orange to make the lion. I was in the t-shirt sections, linens, vests.. nada. DD was bugging me to go to the kids section to look for a move (couldn't find any movies?!!wha?) but found this super shorts overalls. Well, I don't think I would put my kid in it, but it is made of wool and cashmere!!!! From some high end kid boutique in spain!? And only 99 cents. SCORE!

I'm picturing the body in yellow, head in orange and mane in all the colours, red included. I don't think I'll have any use for the bows though. ooo, maybe on the tail??


And here is another score... a banjolele. GASP!

I am impressed that it is real. Great heavy wood. I figured I would get some new strings and find a chord sheet on the internet. But DH had a look at it, restrung it, lifted the bridge and I found out it's tuned and played the same way as a ukelele. SOOO easy.

And the last good thing of the day...

DH was able to hook up the new heating radiator in the kitchen. We've been in this house for 8 years with no heater in the kitchen. Not that big a deal, as we are a small open concept main floor. But on days like today, a heater in the kitchen is oh so nice.

thanks for looking,
Amanda

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, excellent finds! Have to admit, wasn't sure about the overalls, but the colours (separately) and the materials are an excellent find!

And the instruments! Unbelievable! If you don't really want it be DH can sell on ebay! This could be your second, umm...third, umm...forth occupation!

trish at Two Peas in a Pod Homegrown Designs said...

Wait a minute! You scored that banjo at the thrift store? What a great find! You'll have to learn how to play now...and make some kind of handmade strap to go on it :>)