Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Passport wallet

Our piano teacher is going on a long trip for Christmas, so I thought a passport wallet would be a timely Christmas Present.

I had the felt leaf from Quickutz on the windowsill, so I machine sewed it on for a bit of something to look at on the front. And us canadians like to show off our Maple Leaf.

Then I decided it needed a little pocket inside for the pieces of photo ID needed to board. I also made it quite tall for the boarding passes. I hate having everything spread out in pockets and purses. This way, it is all in one place.



I cut two 15x9.5 pieces of fabric in contrasting designs. The folded sections are around 3-3.5 wide, leaving the opened wallet about 8 inches. Guess that makes the finished, closed piece 4x9.5.

I found me a black wool vest with some great embroidered flowers on it.... wait till you see what I do with it.

Thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: