Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas happenings

This past week has been a blur of activity interspersed with singing gigs. can't wait until Boxing day. Always a day of rest for me.
So last weekend, we finally got our tree. A few years ago, we took a picture at the boy scout tree lot with tons of snow. This year, there were dried leaves in the Christmas trees!


When I got home from singing, the tree was up and ready for decorating. We put on the Polar Express movie, made popcorn and had hot chocolate while we decorated. The kids had such a great time. Here is the best part... topping the tree.


Later in the week, we took a visit to santa. I love this santa. Been going there since rafael was a baby. If you go after lunch, when all the big kids are in school, he talks to you forever. And you can take your own pictures. Because of that, I don't care what the "professional" photo is like. I have my own ideas for candids.

She would not look up. I had to place her on Santa's knee. She played the shy card very very well.

So then I brought her away from Santa while Rafael chatted him up. I like this picture the best. Santa is always watching. Whenever I get my desk cleared off, I will make a scrapbook page of this one.


A few days later, it was the school concert. There were so many kindergartens, they let the parents take photos for about 5 minutes before they performed. My son was a great ham.. shouting over the crowd, "Hi daddy, Hi mama, Where's Braggie? " (my uncle) "Love you Braggie!" clear as a bell. cute as a button.


So, that is what we've been up to.
More sewing to do.....
thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: