Saturday, September 26, 2009

celebration banner

I was all set to do some sort of craftiness last night, but couldn't think of what. I grabbed my book, the Creative Familyby Amanda Blake Soule for a little look.
I came across the banner.

Whenever we have a little celebration here, Rafael wants to decorate. This will kick it up a notch.


I used white on the back so I can write the title and date of each celebration. Should be a great memory keeper. And if I wanna be really good at moment keeping, I could print a pic of the occasion and put it on a fabric transfer and iron it on. That would be cool.
The other fabrics are from the big fabric craze I had for Ikea this summer. I made bags from all of these fabrics and have fond memories of them. And they all match. Can't beat that. I cut them with my rotary cutter, super fast. I left the edges raw with visions of them fraying and frizzing when I wash them.
For the size, I took an 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock, measured out the middle on the 8.5 side and drew lines from the top of the page to make a triangle. yeah, that doesn't make sense to me either when I read it. Size of triangle is 8.5 x 11.


I look forward to moving this banner around my house for various celebrations and looking back on the celebrations each time we take it out.

You can check out Amanda Blake Soule's inspirational blog , soulemama, here

Thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: