Monday, June 29, 2009

We´re here!

We have arrived in Lisboa, Portugal with no problems. We are staying with my husband´s cousins who are wonderful hosts in Carcavelos.

Yesterday, we had many naps and a visit to Sintra, the Switzerland of Portugal. very romantic. Lovely place, even in the soggy rain. And the drive back was a loop of mountains, beaches and a nice sunset as we drove past it, surfers in the waves, kids playing in the sand. Can I tell you how excited I am to be here?

Sintra


We were also lucky to have 3 family members from Toronto visiting here are the same time and waiting for us when we arrived. Fish, fish, fish for the meals in many forms and amazing pastries in Sintra.

The sun is peeking out, but I hope holds off until our shopping trip. What else is there to do when it rains? :=) Our host´s wife also sews and told us of a fabric place. my adventure for this trip.


palacio da Pena

anyhow, must get a move on the day. It´s already 1pm. late sleepers adjusting to the time change. DH figured out how to get some internet on our computers, so I´ll get some pictures later. I think we may be going to a fado place tonight. Fado is traditional Portugese music, beautiful singing.

thanks for looking and stay tuned for PT installment 2. (hi Madalena)
Amanda

No comments: