Saturday, April 4, 2009

home in my arms

My daughter is a snuggler. Always wanting "tuddles". When we're out in the morning, we make it half way thru before she puts her thumb in her mouth and her hand up my sleeve or shirt, depending on what I'm doing. So I stop what I'm doing and have some "tuddle time" I know it won't last forever, so I go with it.


The swirl is chipboard painted white. Script is, "No matter where we are, in my arms you are always home."


I cut out the circle in the brown paper and wanted to use the Friskar's circle lace punch. I couldn't work it correctly, so I used my corner punch around the edge for a little scallop. that changed the flow for the rest of the layout.
The flowers are double sided stickers that I glittered with martha Stewart. Man oh man, I can't believe I used so much of it and had it flying everywhere. Guess my glitter fear is in the past. The house is Maya Road, I painted the back white and used the stickers for the house parts. Buttons from the buck store and the home letters from a pack from Wal mart. Bird from Prima.
Maybe one day I'll make a page of her without pink. I've been informed that her favorite colour is purple, thank you very much. :} So now my wall has her bright pink page and Rafael's cool blue page.


Thanks for looking,
Amanda

2 comments:

Jenny Gropp said...

This is a great layout and I love the journaling on the flourish!

Bailey said...

This is definitely one of my favorites!