Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Branch Out (the window)

When I saw this set in the New Stampin' Up! Catty, I knew it would be on my wish list, no, make that get it list. The little images are just sooo cute. I like little things.

it took me a whole evening and many carnations of this card to make it right. I tried an acetate window with the birdhouse stamped on it and other things inside. not so easy. then the card front was too plain, so I cuttlebuged it. Much. better.
I also made the frame with Spellbinders Label one set.



I used chalks to give the sky and dirtied the rubber boot. To add a few levels, I stamped the butterflies on the card, the bird on CS and cut it out, gluing it flat. (I made a 2nd card by just stamping on the card and hung my bird. He was hanging from a branch instead of sitting on it). The bird house is popped up on a dot. The sentiment in the corner is from a retired SU set, "Blooming with happiness" maybe?


After all of that, i felt it needed something in the front corner. I tried buttons, brads, paper flowers, ribbon glitter dots, but decided that my crocheted flower was the best. These little buttons are different. i think they are made from coconut?? It is a lighter colour on the back. i have a big button from a bag that my mother in law got from Thailand and it looks like it's the same. So maybe that's where I got the coconut idea from.


Anyhow, hope you like,
thanks for looking, and Happy pancake day!
Amanda

No comments: