Friday, January 23, 2009

Little birdie calls hello

Wow, lame subject header eh?

I had a great day today! Before I even opened my eyes this a.m., I had 5 valentine card ideas. The worst part was trying to remember them before I got to write them down. And I did, at a greasy sppon in my neighbourhood. no kids, just me, my sketch book and a warm breakfast already cooked for me. And no cleaning up. Doesn't that just sound heavenly? once in a blue moon.

here is the 2nd card I made today from that list:


Balloons are from Quickutz, bird from hero arts. pink polkadot paper from Doodlebugs and the lace ribbon I bought at Stamping Bella. didn't even remember I had it till I went ribbon searching. Score! Everything from the White cardstock up is popped up. Click on photo for larger view. I took a close up, angled shot, but the colours were really off, so I'm not going to show it.

Had a lovely afternoon also. The temps were a warm 4 degrees. You could feel the warmth of the sun. So i prepared a picnic lunch, got the kids dressed in snowpants and we headed to the local park to go sledding. Great time, but the best part was having a picnic in the snow and drinking hot chocolate with marshmallows. Only regret was not bringing the camera. Oh well, other outings to come, I'm sure.

Thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: