Friday, December 19, 2008

glass ornament #2

K, here is a sneak peek of what I've been working on. The others don't have pictures or the scrapbook style, but I can share this one, as the recipient does not read my blog.


I've had this vision to make this style of ornament since this summer. Remember i bought the items to make soldered ornaments this summer? Well, I finally got the nerve to try it and enjoyed the learning curve. i am still learning and will play with it more. It is still not good enough to give as a present (soldered ornaments), but I'm trying. I am also cutting my own glass, which is another huge learning, patience thing.

But hey, at this time of year, I don't have an hour or 2 to spend on one ornament. So..... this is my compromise. Just using the copper foil tape without the silver soldering. I spent many, many days trying to figure it all out. i started using 1/4 inch ribbon on some sticky tape and using that to hold the glass together, but the tape wasn't sticky enough. with the changes in the weather, the ribbon would start to unglue. I thought of using the foil, but didn't know how to put a hanger on it. then I bought these hooks from Walmart. I already had them in silver, but knew it wouldn't look good with the copper colour. When I went back, they had this gold-y colour. i grabbed them. they are close enough for me to use. I stick it to the ornament with more copper foil. i think i'll have to double it. this ornament is HEAVY! Don't want the hook to tear off.

The paper is from K&Company and the gingerbread people are from Quickutz Jolly die cut set. Cut out of velvet paper. Ribbon from Stampin' up!, I think.

k, off to make more stuff.

thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: