Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New bird house

A friend of mine is moving to a penthouse this weekend, so I made this card and it will actually go in the mail tomorrow. (along with my mom's bday card ahem)
The birdhouse image is from a dollar store in NS. The new home is from a buck stamp from Michael's and the orange bird is from the buck store and made of metal. There are also yellow and green birds in the pack that can go with kiwi kiss.

Hey, speaking of kiwi kiss, see how well it matches the background colour of the photo. It's my kitchen. You've seen it in my photos before. It's a perfect match for kiwi kiss. We painted it 6 years ago!! Are we ahead of our time or what? It was quite revolutionary when we first did it. We had the opportunity to repaint a few months ago, but I told my husband, "We can't change the colour now! It's a Stampin' Up IN COLOUR!" LOL

k, enough banter.. here's the card...


Can't really tell ya what effect I was going for or what layout I was trying to accomplish. Just wanted to use the paint chip DH brought home last month. Oh yes, the ribbon is a delish garter ribbon from Stamping Bella. I have to make another trip there soon. She always has the latest stuff that makes a grown woman squeal!

Hoping to get to play a bit tomorrow morning.
Thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: