Saturday, September 6, 2008

Crochet flowers

When I was in Portugal, I couldn't watch tv or go on the net at night. I was in creative withdrawal, so I bought some crochet thread and a hook and set off to make some flowers. But I couldn't remember how to do it, nor how to read a pattern for one.
This past week, DH's aunt came over and we had some time to make some. See how nice they are? She's good. Me, not so much. I forget how to start already. I really need to write it down, but don't know the terminology.
Anyhow, here are a few flowers she did. I watercoloured the background and added half self-stick pearls from Stamping Bella. Sentiment is a Michael's stamp from a few years ago.

And of course, I must let you see the 1st day of school pic. We went in the afternoon, but were expected in the morning. They sent me the wrong info. He's registered as morning. Took me the whole summer to think as a kid going to school in the pm, now, he's in the am. Oh well. I had to be out of town for the next day, but my uncle said he got up, got dressed and was ready to go to school 45 minutes before the time. Eager beaver.

And here is a pic of my daughter's 1st day at the learning centre. She made one blue swipe on the paper behind her and I think she fell in. She was also not too impressed. lol


thanks for looking,
Amanda

1 comment:

Carol said...

LOL!! My kid came home on Friday with a blue nose and mustache...apparently there were markers involved.....

Love the card too!