Thursday, August 28, 2008

another bookmark

Hubby took the kidlets out tonight, so I had a few hours of uninterrupted bliss.... ahhh.

I've been wanting to case the bookmark on the cover of the new SU catalogue. I set out to use the same colours and to stay as close as possible to the original. But I just couldn't do it. :}


After I punched out the green middle part, I looked for something to put there. The little birdies were calling me, "tweet, tweet". Then the crown punch was lookin' at me. So I went for it. Hoping to find my clear teeny tiny rhinestones to bling it up.


Hubby came home and wanted a card, not a bookmark, so I made the card to go with it. I had fun using my sewing machine. i think I need to get a thicker thread.Oh yes, the white image on the background is from da Bella store. It's solid funky Bamboo. paper is Bella Rose from SU.



Well, that's it for tonight. I think I'll try this in another colour scheme tomorrow, maybe with a music theme.

thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: