Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Flock it!

Howdy!
Another hot, sticky, sweaty day in the big city. I didn't even bother to look towards the CN tower, it's was probably lost in the smog. yuck. But local wade pools and splash pads make for a great day, even when your daughter fouls the water and they have to close the pool for an hour to treat the water!! nuff said.

On to what you're here for!

I've been wanting to try embossing the cardfront with nestabilities. Been having a bit of a time trying to do it well. I've only tried it on the SU mini cards, so don't know if it's a thinner CS. But a managed to get a few salvagable ones.

To make this little set stand out, I used some pink flocking. It doesn't show all that well in the photos. The sun was going down, but you get the idea. I used the Quickie Pen and poured the flocking on it, waited for it to dry before tapping off. Did I tell you before that I don't like flocking? I still don't like it. But it was the effect I wanted. So I suffered yet again for my art. lol



This Wacky weeds image from Stamping Bella was stamped in Spring Moss from Papertrey and then flocked in pink. The blossoms don't look as vibrant as the other flowers because I didn't make the blossoms pink first. They were green like the stem.


With the funky dandelion, also from Stamping bella, I stamped both parts of the flower in different inks. Used the glue pen to outline the flower and then applied the pink flock.


The last image is from Papertrey's Green Thumb set. I love how many different things come in it. I lost the mini strawberry though, so I'm bummed. Hoping I'll find it one day when I clean those corners of my desk. I chose to flock only a few circles for a contrast.


Well, that's it for today. Think I'll crash in front of the boob tube. Hope something decent is on.

Thanks for looking,
Amanda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore this little set - I think I may have to case these ideas!!

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with these cards! Absolutely beautiful!