Monday, June 16, 2008

hoot hoot

I finally broke down and got on the owl train ride. I don't really get it. yes, they are cute, but a little over done now. Still, I did like the bold image by Maya Road. no colouring, I have puffy embossing powder to try on it. And I had a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket. (thanks Sarah and Raylene) maybe a grad hat on top? Just have to get organized.



Another eraser for a teacher's gift. Found some brown EP. It's the scented kind. Chocolate. Yummmm. Distressed it a little with chaulk ink and a bit-o-ribbon. Voila.

How bout another card. I left you so long since the last posting...

Another case from Lindsay at
http://lcsstamp.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/05/more-cards.html

I made these for a swap of fellow demonstrators in my Canadian's Ink group. Headed by the ever lovely Caroline, http://www.craftincaro.ca/

It's using square and circle punches. tag punch for the pocket, bit of wide grosgrain for the hankies. I didn't have any buttons or a punch for the buttons, so I traced a sponge finger dauber, cut it by hand, then put the bottom of it in ink to make the outline of the button. a little larger than I was looking for, but 'tis done. Inside is a rub on from eons ago. My desk is such a mess, I misplaced my Father's day stamp!!

Great for Father's Day or a male birthday.

Thanks for looking...
Amanda

No comments: