Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day card

Howdy, Howdy, howdy!
This is the father's day card I made for DH this year. If you're a regular reader here, you'll know that his life (outside of us) centres around Sailing albacores. Our summer holidays are centred around regattas across the eastern seaboard. This weekend, we are off to our annual visit to Ottawa for a sailing weekend.
This trip is special b/c one of my very good kindred spirits is there. We stay at her house. She introduced me to stamping 2 years ago.l thanks so much Chrissy for this passion in my life.

Ok, on with the card....



Stamps are from SU, retired woodcuts set. Stamped on kraft CS with brown Stazon., I couldn't find any of my 3 white pens, so I stamped the image again on White CS and cut out the lighthouse and the sail. Mounted it on Blue Bayou and kraft again. used some mid sized eyelets, some twine with a few knots. the words on the edges look kinda weird, as I cut out some of what was there and liked that it kinda made sense? lol
The brown card base has been cuttlebugged with tiny tiles(?) folder for half of the card, then I scored 3 lines on top of that.

i got some new goodies from Stamping bella and have played a little. Waiting for the kiddies to go to bed. Hopefully, I will stay up later than them tonight:}

Thanks for looking,
Amanda

1 comment:

Anabela (Bela) Neves said...

I love that card Amanda. Its definately perfect for Peter! I hope he had a fabulous fathers day!