Sunday, April 6, 2008

Argyle prezzies and chit chattin'

Whew! What a busy weekend!

On Saturday, I went to a stamping workshop... at Da Bellas! Yes, That's Stamping Bella. Bella's sidekick, Nikkabella, gave a great workshop. I learned something new. And I was pleased with it. It was colouring using Prisma pencils and mineral spirits. I've read a lot about them, but never quite got it. It is therapeutic in itself to see the colours blend. nice. Thanks Nikki. If I ever get caught up and a moment to myself, I'll take pics of the cards to show you. And, I bought some new stamps. No bellas, well, a grillafella I've been wanting for awhile and then 2 kids stamps. More on that later.

I rushed home, hugged the kids and went out with the hubby for bad sushi and a Musical theatre show, Brigadoon. It was a group I used to sing with, and will sing again with in the fall. Was sooo nice to see so many of the people I first met when I came to Toronto. I consider that my "other life" before I became the girlfriend, wife and Mother! lol

Home late, then up early to sing 2 church services, then off to give a card workshop at someone else's house. Needless to say, when I actually sat down there, I kinda crashed. Met some wonderful ladies and hope they had fun. The stamping world is a nice place, isn't it?

Well, that was a lot of chit chat. You still here? Here is an easy card for today's class. I like the argyle paper from SU's East Coast Prep DP line. Here is a card you can use for a male birthday. Easy stamping, easy layout. You can crank out a few of these in quick order. I like the button brads. Sorry, don't know who they're from. The stamp set is from the Saleabration catty, Birthday Whimsy.



I have a zillion ideas in my head, new supplies and can't wait to make and share them with you.
Tomorrow, I'll show you a Jacob's ladder card. Fun to make. Hint: Do NOT glue down the woven strips. lol Ask me how I know!

THanks for looking and listening,
Amanda

No comments: