Tuesday, January 29, 2008

more bookmarks











I'm on a bookmark kick. So here are 2 more. And more to follow, I made 2 last night and have to make another for an order.
This template comes from Sharon Johnson at
http://notimetostamp.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/ Nov 9, 2007 entry
The discover one was especially fun. I used the retired, "Mostly Flowers". My new cuttlebug got some use with the square dry embossed dots around the edge. THEN.. my Marvy square punch fit around that. I was so excited that these 3 things worked well together. Little things..
The butterfly on the front is one I had previously made from shrink art for another project. The simage is Papertrery's Butterfly Kisses set. The colours did match, until I put crystal effects on it. Then it brightened the colours. I will replace it, I think. The discover do-hickey is from the dollar store.

The "Be You" bookmark is done with Papertrey's "Garden Thumb" This set is very versatile. The little frame on the cover of the book mark comes from the dollar store. Bonus find. The "be you" sentiment is actually from the sentiment, "may the simple joys of life be yours" or something to that effect. I only applied the ink to the be you section of the stamp with 3 different colour inks. This is why I love clear stamps. You can see what you are doing and where you place things.

Designer paper is Ginger Blossom from Stampin' Up!
Once again, my photos are faded. Sorry, but you get the idea.

Thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: