Sunday, January 13, 2008

inspiration


They say inspiration is everywhere. And after sitting at this amazing Japanese restaurant, stuffing myself with sashami, I took the placemat home for some inspiration.
I used the Stampin' Up set, Symbols of Solicitude.
I wanted the square in the middle to be a little smaller, but that is the only size square punch I have. I've been wanting a smaller one, my next SU order, maybe??
Because the black edge of the placemat was rough (like it was hand torn), I used the fiberous paper. My punch wouldn't go through it well, so I hand cut it. Not so good. Then it REALLY got fuzzy. So for a neater look, I used my fabric paper from Winners. My punch did go through that. This card is 3x3, whereas the fuzzy one is 4x4.

























So, next time you are out for dinner, look around, or down. You maybe getting your piece of inspiration dirty!
Thanks for looking,
Amanda

No comments: