Wednesday, October 31, 2007

tin ornaments




I made a few of these the other night and have plans for many more styles. I had 2 more designs already done, but gave them away before I got a pic of them.

53 mm tin from Lee Valley. Can you tell I bought a lot of them. tee hee

Stamped the snowman from SU Perfect presentation. Added a bit of White paint pen. Adhered ribbon on the bottom part of the tin. Used the cropadile to punch a hole in the bottom part. NOTE:: You can't go in too far from the lip or you won't be able to squeeze the eyelet in.
And then added the fake snow from the dollar store. Gotta get me more of that. I like the shimmery-ness of it.

For the Chanukah one, I embossed a chip board candle from one of Basic Grey's Christmas sets. Stamped the sentiment, from Stamping Bella, on the front of the tin. Punched out 2 different sized circles to mat the candle. and used the 2 inch marvy punch (i'm still so tickled that I actually found one in the states, and for half the price of here and then a Michael's 50 %off that! It was practically free!

Happy Halloween for tomorrow. (Yes, it is still only Halloween. I've been in Christmas mode for soo long now.)

Thanks for looking.
Amanda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are super cute Amanda! Love the faux snow!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda, these are so cute! I have a junior girl scout troop (4th and 5th graders). I wanted to have them make some of these tins. I think the snowman one would be cute for them. Do you have the instructions for them? or a link to them? My email is steffie_00us at yahoo dot com

Thanks Stephanie